Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Post # 9

#1 teacher
“What I Have Learned This Year” By: Mr. McClung
This is a good post. Mr. McClung had many good things to say. I work in an elementary school right now, and I notice much of what he has said. I have noticed that some teachers do not listen to their students and do not know or what to know where they come from, so they do not understand the child. I think a good teacher is someone who knows her students. They know when they are not doing their best, when something is wrong, and if they are struggling. Like Mr. McClung said, you have to listen to your students. Your students can help you improve your approach to teaching for the better. Some teachers do not realize that they can learn a lot from their students. When I become a teacher, I am going to remember what Mr. McClung has said.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. To me he made many valid points in his post that we as young aspiring teachers can learn a great deal from. And I believe also that it is very important for a teacher to listen to his/her student and understand where they are coming from so that they can better help the child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiara,

    I definitely agree that teachers should know their students. I think that when there is a relationship, a professional relationship, students definitely feel more comfortable and are willing to do well for you. Here is a quote I recently heard, I do not know who said though: "You teach a little by what you say. You teach the most by what you are." By listening and being willing to learn, we will become better teachers, and I believe our students will want to succeed for us!

    ReplyDelete