Friday, October 29, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

Sir Ken Robinson
Sir Ken Robinson: Changing Educational Paradigms
I think the most important thing that Sir Ken Robinson said was, “If you are interested in the model of education, you don’t start from production line mentality”. That is important to me because I believe everyone is different and learns at different paces. I believe that age should not play a part in education, but I understand why it might be a problem. When I say it might be a problem, I mean with the children themselves. I did not find anything that Mr. Robinson had to say disagreeable. He had valid points and reasons to back them up.
I think what I am being taught in the College of Education and what Mr. Robinson believes is very similar. They both believe children are different and learn in different ways. From what I have seen so far, the College of Education wants you to see the good and the bad of the education system. Also, it asks you to think about ways that you can improve it, if only in your own classroom. I believe that is what Mr. Robinson wants everyone to do. I am not sure what can be done to address the issues of Mr. Robinson. I believe it will take a lot to change the educational system. I really liked the presentation. It was different and creative. I have only seen one other video similar to it, but they are both good. If I had to do a presentation like this one, I would want to play the role of the director and/or idea generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment