Friday, October 29, 2010

Blog Post #10

think about it education

An Open Letters to Educators by: Morgan Bayga

First off, I really liked the Dan Brown video. It really made a lot of sense. I completely agree with him. All most teachers do is stand in front of the class and read off power points. Technology has greatly advanced, and so much information is easily accessed online but now the educational system should advance before it is left behind. Like Morgan Bayga, dropping out of school is not my choice, but I understand Dan Brown’s reason to do so. Also, my experiences in the classrooms are a little from Morgan’s experiences. All of my teachers have encouraged group discussions and projects. Unlike Morgan, I am not completely in tuned with technology and I still have a lot to learn.

Tom Johnson’s Don’t Let Them Take the Pencils Home!

This is a good post. I really enjoyed reading it. I thought it was funny and helpful, because I have never heard that saying before. I love how Mr. Johnson did not let that stop him from doing what he thought was right for his class. Also, how he came up with a solution to contradict the saying. It is good that he did not spend time worrying about the problem, but fixing it.

Two Questions That Can Change Your Life by Daniel Pink

I have never thought about having a sentence. This is a great post, not because of creativity but because of the message behind it. I agree; everyone needs a sentence. Everyone should ask the question, was I better today than yesterday. I know I do not ask myself that question every night but if I did, I hope my answer would be yes. So my sentence is, “I am here to help”.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kiara,
    I also agree that the post were interesting and well thought out. Most students have common experiences when it comes to learning in a classroom, teacher lecture by using power points.I hope to change the approach to teaching and learning in my future career as a special education teacher. I disagree with Dan dropping out of school too. He has a legitimate reason but in this day and time it's not all about what we "want" to do. If we could make a decent living without a college degree then I don't think people would waste their time going to school for x amount of years. I don't think dropping out of school solved the problem.
    I enjoyed your post and keep up the good work!!
    LaChandra Lett: lettlachandraedm310.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiara,

    I agree that my experience in the classroom is a little different than Morgan's and Dan's. My teachers also have encouraged discussion and interaction. I am extremely thankful for this. I absolutely hate lectures! I also agree that focusing on the solution rather than the problem is something that all teachers should strive to do. We will make a huge difference if we can accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete