Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

How Kids Teach Themselves
 little girl working
1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
  •  Yes. After seeing this video, I think anybody can teach himself or herself.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
  • Yes. My two-year-old niece teaches herself things all the time. I think they just have to be interested in what it is.
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
  • I think they just have to be interested in whatever it is and I think they need to be motivated.
4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
  • I think they play a big role because so much can be learned from them. Also, the many different uses of the computer and internet keeps the children interested.
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
  • I think it is a major role. If a person is not motivated, then they probably will not have a desire to learn.
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
  •  I think it may be hard and a road block for some, but for most I think it will be motivation.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
  •  I try to let them know of the benefits of learning and the good that can come out of it. Also, I tell them that they can do it and all is possible with hard work and dedication.
8. How are you motivated to learn?
  •  I have just always liked learning and wanted to be a teacher. I am my own motivator. I do this for me.
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn?
  • Anyone can learn. It just takes a little effort.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
  •  Sometimes I teach myself because I want to know something. Also, because I feel like further investigation is needed at times and there is not always going to be someone around to teach me.
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
  • To me, a teacher is a guide. They are there to show you and assist you when there is a problem.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
  •  Children no matter their age can learn anything they put their mind to. I always thought some things are too hard for some children because of their age, but now I know that is not true.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
  •  Why do some children in the United States disregard all the opportunities that they have? Why don’t they appreciate their educational benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment