Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blog Post #7

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture
First I would like to start by saying this was a good video. I t took me a while to watch but I really liked it. The best part to me was when he sang happy birthday to his wife. I know that part was not the point of the speech, but I thought that was so sweet of him. Plus, I could tell that meant a lot to her. He is a sweet man.
            I really do not know where to start. He accomplished so much in his life, and I did not think it was possible. I do not know, but maybe it is because I never had big dreams like him. All I ever wanted to be was a teacher. I never wanted to work at Disney World; I just wanted to visit, and I have done that. I have never wanted to fly or float because I am afraid of heights, but he wanted to and he accomplished that. My dreams have always been simple, and I feel like I am on the right path to accomplishing it.
            Mr. Pausch is an amazing man. He went for everything that he set his mind to. He stopped at nothing to accomplish his dreams, and nothing was too big for him. I like his work ethic. I need to be more like him. I know that I do not put everything into all that I do all the time. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed, I do not do my very best, I do just enough to get by. After watching this video, I know that I have to do more than my best at everything I do and from now on I am going to try to do that.
            I like the head fake learning method, which is when you learn one thing but while learning it, you learn a life lesson. I think this is an important method because you learn something important, while doing something fun. When I was younger, I did not always want people telling me what to do; and most I the time I knew it was the right way or the right thing but I wanted to learn that for myself. As a teacher, I want to incorporate this into my teaching method. I know many people do not like math but if I can make it a fun and interesting learning experience, I can change a lot of minds about math.

Randy Pausch

1 comment:

  1. Hello ^_^
    I believe his video was awesome too. A very good lecture on a lot of good things and tips on other teaching methods.
    He had really big dreams and did accomplish them all. Big or small, a person's dream is still a precious journey to them :)Have fun on your own journey b/c in the end, you're helping someone else begin theirs :)

    ReplyDelete