Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Post #11

alphabets


This was a very interesting video. I like how well Ms. Cassidy incorporates technology into her classroom, and how engaged her students are. The thing that I would like to use in my classroom is blogging. I have enjoyed doing it in this class and the first graders love it, so I know my students will to. Another reason is that blogging is a good way for the students to get positive feedback and communicate with others worldwide. The wiki is also a great way of learning. I think they would be interested in it because they can find useful information, as well as, create their own page with their thoughts and ideas.

I think my biggest problem will be keeping the children off sites that are not related to the work. Also, having the work completed on time. I know for me now, I have the time to get the work done but I am lazy about it sometimes. What I think I would do is try to keep the workload reasonable, and be mindful of other things that my students might have going on. Once I figure out how I am going to incorporate math and technology, I think anything will be possible.

3 comments:

  1. Kiara,

    You make a very good point about communication as a big learning tool. Your statement ... Another reason is that blogging is a good way for the students to get positive feedback and communicate with others worldwide ... highlights the fact that with technology we can branch out and not only communicate with our peers and teachers in our community but also with peers and teachers around the world. We can benefit from others experiences as well as make new ones together. We are truly moving toward a worldwide learning community in the future. How do you think you will incorporate technology to talk to the world into your classroom in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    That is a good question, but I have not figured that part out yet. I plan to be a middle school math teacher, so I have been trying to think of the best ways to incorporate technology and math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked this video. Ms. Cassidy had many great ways of using technology in her classroom! I hope to use some of these ideas in the future! Incorporating math and technology may be a challenge but with experience and brainstorming I am sure that your students will be vert technology literate!

    ReplyDelete